Planning to Retire Soon!

If you are planning to retire in the Philippines soon, I suggest you visit several excellent websites on pro's and cons of retiring in the Philippines. However if you want to retire in the provinces, where life is simple, standard of living cheaper, less traffic congestion and pollution, availability of fresh seafood and vegetables compared to the big cities, my island province is the place for you! If this is your first time in my site, welcome. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights. The photo above is the front yard of Chateau Du Mer- Our Retirement Home in Boac, Marinduque, Philippines

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

An Unexpected Help from a Stranger


Bright Future for Philippines' Younger Generation

During the first leg of our trip home (Boac to Manila) from the Philippines to Northern California, I experienced an act of kindness and thoughfulness that was not expected. This act of kindness that is unexpected is an omen that there is a bright future for the Philippines' younger generation.

Last April, Macrine ( my spouse of 56 years) and I were on our way to Manila from Boac, Marinduque for our first plane ride on our way back to Northern California. On this trip, I experienced an act of kindness from a complete stranger. It came from a handsome teenager from Manila. This act of kindness is an omen that if majority of the the filipino youth think and act this way, there is a bright future for the filipino younger generation.

I was carrying two hand carries boarding a Zest Air plane bound for Manila. Suddenly, a young man rushes in front of me and volunteered to carry one of my hand carry bags up to my seat in the plane. I was sort of shocked, since this was not expected. I gave him a look of surprise but gave him a thank you smile and appreciation of his thoughfulness.

Perhaps, you are wondering why I had two "hand carry" bags. The reason why I have two hand carries is that Macrine is now using a quad cane and is not able to carry her own hand carry. She refused to use a wheel chair in boarding the plane, since it was just a short walk from the boarding gate to the plane.

The volunteer was a young and good-looking teenager named Carlo Yu. He is a student of De La Salle University in Manila. He is traveling with his mother and an older sister, returning to Manila after a three day vacation at the world-renown 5-star beach resort, Bellarocca Resort and Spa in Buenavista.

Thirty minutes later when we arrived in Manila, he and his sister again helped me picked up and load my three suitcases in my cart for check out.

Indeed what a kind and thoughtful young man. If most of the Filipino teenagers are like Carlo, there is indeed a bright future for the Filipino younger generation. Thank you again Carlo for your kindness. Perhaps someday our path will cross again, then I will have another chance to say thank you. Hep, Hep, Hurrah! for the Filipino Youth!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...