Planning to Retire Soon!

If you are planning to retire in the Philippines soon, I suggest you visit several excellent websites on pro's and cons of retiring in the Philippines. However if you want to retire in the provinces, where life is simple, standard of living cheaper, less traffic congestion and pollution, availability of fresh seafood and vegetables compared to the big cities, my island province is the place for you! If this is your first time in my site, welcome. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights. The photo above is the front yard of Chateau Du Mer- Our Retirement Home in Boac, Marinduque, Philippines

Friday, May 24, 2013

I Left My Heart in Marinduque-A Parody


The beach in Amoingon, Boac in front of the Chateau Du Mer Beach Resort

I have always wanted to write a song about "Leaving my Heart in Marinduque"—a parody of the signature song of Tony Bennett, I left My Heart in San Francisco. My sincere apologies to George Cory and Douglas Cross who wrote, I left My Heart in San Francisco in 1954. This song should be sung to the tune of the famous song in honor of the city by the Bay (San Francisco, California).

Here it is, I hope you like it:

The loveliness of Fair Oaks seems somehow sadly gay

The glory that was Boac is another day!

I've been terribly alone and forgotten in Sacramento

I'm going home to my town by the sea.

I left my heart in Marinduque

Near by the beach it beckons me

To be where the Moriones are

Come, visit wherever you are

The morning sun rise by the sea

I don't care!

My love waits at Chateau Du Mer

Near the blue and calmy sea

When I come home to you, Marinduque

Chateau Du Mer will welcome me!

Note: Fair Oaks (an eastern suburb of Sacramento-the capital city of the State of California), California is our first home but Chateau Du Mer, Boac, Marinduque, Philippines is our second home. Boac is the capital town of the province of Marinduque.

My wife and I called ourselves snowbirds, because in winter time, we fly to tropical Philippines to get away from the winter chills of Northern California. We owned a small beach resort in Marinduque, we named Chateau Du Mer ( House of the Sea).

Marinduque is a small island province in the Philiipines. It is the heart and geographic center of the Philippines. Marinduque is also known for its Morions and the Moriones Festival during Holy Week.

Marinduque had been having bad press here in US and in the social media this election because of the congressional battle between Regina Reyes and Lord Allan Velasco. Reyes won by about 3000 votes. She was however disqualified by the Commission on Election because she is an American Citizen. There were two premature proclamations of Gina Reyes which were protested by Velasco, because of the citizenship issue and lies on her certificate of Candidacy as well as the incomplete official results at the time of proclamation.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...