Planning to Retire Soon!

If you are planning to retire in the Philippines soon, I suggest you visit several excellent websites on pro's and cons of retiring in the Philippines. However if you want to retire in the provinces, where life is simple, standard of living cheaper, less traffic congestion and pollution, availability of fresh seafood and vegetables compared to the big cities, my island province is the place for you! If this is your first time in my site, welcome. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights. The photo above is the front yard of Chateau Du Mer- Our Retirement Home in Boac, Marinduque, Philippines

Thursday, June 20, 2013

UP Madrigal Singers and the UPSCA Choir

UPSCA Choir, 1953 with Prof Antonio Molina

The video below by the UP Madrigal singers performing the Prayers of St Francis reminds me of my college days and the UP Student Catholic Action (UPSCA) choir during my college years from 1952-1956 at UP Diliman, Quezon City Philippines. I do not have videos of our UPSCA concerts, but just photographs( below) of my college days. If you are in some of the photos, I would like to hear from you!

The following are some of the photos during my college years at the University of the Philippines in Diliman, Quezon City, Philippines from 1952-1956. My involvement with the activities of UP Student Catholic Action (UPSCA) were the highlights of my college life experiences. At that time I was studying for my Bachelor Science degree in Chemistry. I graduated in October, 1955 then went to US to pursue my Ph.D degree in 1959. The rest is history and for details of my life after my college years, please visit my site at, http://davidbkatague.blogspot.com

UPSCANS In front of the Old Chapel after Mass with Fr. John Delaney. Fr John was my inspiration and hero at that time. His words and action still reverberates in my mind today!

During two of our regular monthly meetings

During one of the many monthly socials during my college years. Dancing with Macrine

UP Men's South Dorm Officers and Residents, 1954. I was one of the officers of Mens South Dorm Association. I am in the front row kneeling first in the far Left.

UPSCANS, College of Liberal Arts

UPSCANS-After the General Meeting

After UPSCAN Board Meeting with Fr. John Delaney. Do you recognize yourself in this photo?

Dave and Macrine at the UPSCA Monthly Social

Note: If you are in any of the above photos, I would like to get in touch with you. I could be reached in my website above and also at http://theintellectualmigrant.blogspot.com I hope you are also aging gracefully.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...