Next month will be the seven years anniversary of the opening of the beach house, Chateau Du Mer(CDM) for public use. Since then we have hosted several guests from US, Europe, Canada, Korea and Manila. The following are things that I will always remember at CDM.
1. The chirping songs and cacophony of sounds of the birds(Mayas)as they fly from tree to tree looking for worms
2. Native fishes and tilapias thriving well on my creek that meanders to the ocean
3. Sunset and coral reefs at low tide seen from the balcony of the beach house
4. A Reflection of an almost full moon as seen from the balcony of the beach house
5. Thousands of fireflies illuminating the firefly tree on a moonless night, just like a Chistmas tree with flickering miniature lights
6. Monitor Lizard ( bayawak) looking for chicken or duck eggs. He looks scary, but actually harmless,unlike the Komodo dragons of Indonesia
7. A native hawk (lawin) diving from the sky for young chicks. This lawin is on a cage to do no harm to your chickens for the moment
8. Coconut rats feasting on young coconuts ( one coconut almost hit me on the head). Watch out for your head, specially on a windy day
9. Blue starfish and corals seen only a few meters from my back yard
10. Bougainvillas and orchids blooming in my front yard ( see picture of orchids on previous posting)
11. A sunset that takes your breathe away ( notice the two swimmers also enjoying the sunset)
12. A papaya tree with ripe fruits ( not yet seen by the fruit bats)
13. Mangoes loaded with fruits almost touching the ground because of its weight
14. Bananas and avocado trees loaded with fruits( no picture of avocados-see in previous posting)
15. The scream of an alley cat on “Heat” at midnight ( photo taken from the web), and last, but not least
16. The crowing of the rooster at 4:00AM everyday morning before dawn, a reliable alarm clock if you want to wake up that early
Please visit my website, www.chateaudumer.com or my blog site, http://chateaudumer.blogspot.com for more pictures!
If you are from Marinduque, do you have things that you will always remember about Marinduque. If you have stayed at Chateau DU Mer, I will appreciate, if you drop me a note of things you will always remember about your stay in Marinduque.
Planning to Retire Soon!
If you are planning to retire in the Philippines soon, I suggest you visit several excellent websites on pro's and cons of retiring in the Philippines. However if you want to retire in the provinces, where life is simple, standard of living cheaper, less traffic congestion and pollution, availability of fresh seafood and vegetables compared to the big cities, my island province is the place for you! If this is your first time in my site, welcome. Please do not forget to read the latest national and international news in the right side bar of this blog. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights. The photo above is the front yard of Chateau Du Mer-Our Retirement Home in Boac, Marinduque, Philippines