Planning to Retire Soon!

If you are planning to retire in the Philippines soon, I suggest you visit several excellent websites on pro's and cons of retiring in the Philippines. However if you want to retire in the provinces, where life is simple, standard of living cheaper, less traffic congestion and pollution, availability of fresh seafood and vegetables compared to the big cities, my island province is the place for you! If this is your first time in my site, welcome. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights. The photo above is the front yard of Chateau Du Mer- Our Retirement Home in Boac, Marinduque, Philippines

Monday, March 23, 2015

Photo Mementos from Ditas 50th Birthday Party



About 100 guests, friends and relatives attended Ditas Macrine Katague 50th birthday Party last Saturday. However today, March the 23rd is the real date of her birthday. Ditas was born in Kansas City, Missouri on a snowy morning 50 years ago at the Kansas City North Memorial Hospital. I could not forget that day, since I was so scared driving on ice and sleet that day on my way to the hospital, after my wife Macrine Nieva Jambalos Katague started to complain of labor pains telling us our youngest daughter is ready to see the world.

Last Saturday celebration was a blast based on comments and photos published on Ditas FaceBook page. The following are some of the photos of that happy event in my youngest daughter's life.













The highlight of the party was Carenna's singing and guitar playing. Carenna sang 4 songs. One of the songs she wrote and composed herself. Here are two comments from the guests regarding Carenna's singing talent.

"She has an amazing and special voice. I was spellbounded listening to her live. I am sure that you will open all the doors that are needed for her to get a recording.

A room full of adults stood there spellbound. She's peaceful and graceful. When she takes the stage, she's brave and her voice can hit the soft and strong notes so naturally. And she writes her own music. Amazing. What a finale to a great party."

Here are some comments about the party:

"Dang, do you know how to throw a party, Ditas Katague!! This was truly special and unique event. What a beautiful, positive way to celebrate an important milestone year. Thanks for sharing your special day with me and so many of your wonderful friends. Happy Birthday!!!"

"Such a great event. Unique and memorable, Just like you!"

"I became interested in Pranayam breathing after listening to a lecture by a western medicine doctor who had studied ancient Indian meditation. After years of resisting anything related to spiritualism (I suffered at the hands of a very abusive method called the Grinberg Method) I gave into the gentle peersuasions of a very special person, Ditas Katague. She organized a beautiful birthday party in downtown Sacramento and the first hour involved a full lesson of Yoga. I'm hooked. Going to start regular lessons. One day I guess I'll master the art of alternate nostril breathing "

"Happy 50th Birthday Ditas! I do miss you. Your art is amazing...Just like you!"

Last Saturday's party was a fun afternoon-evening filled with arts, yoga, music, food and drinks and good company. Again, my beloved daughter may you have several decades more birthdays to come. Remember when you celebrate your 100th birthday, I will be 130 years old, long gone, but happy to know that I have a good daughter and grand daughter named Ditas and Carenna. Love you both!(From DAD and MOM).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...