Planning to Retire Soon!
If you are planning to retire in the Philippines soon, I suggest you visit several excellent websites on pro's and cons of retiring in the Philippines. However if you want to retire in the provinces, where life is simple, standard of living cheaper, less traffic congestion and pollution, availability of fresh seafood and vegetables compared to the big cities, my island province is the place for you! If this is your first time in my site, welcome. Please do not forget to read the latest national and international news in the right side bar of this blog. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights. The photo above is the front yard of Chateau Du Mer-Our Retirement Home in Boac, Marinduque, Philippines
Thursday, February 25, 2016
Things that I will always Remember at Chateau Du Mer
Two more days prior to our return to US. This year sojourn was brief. However, I have accomplished most of the projects and Improvements I had plan since our arrival early last January. Below is an article I wrote several years ago on the 15 things I will always remember here at CDM.
1. The chirping songs and cacophony of sounds of the birds(Mayas)as they fly from tree to tree looking for worms
2. Native fishes and tilapias thriving well on my creek that meanders to the ocean
3. Sunset and coral reefs at low tide seen from the balcony of the beach house
4. A Reflection of an almost full moon as seen from the balcony of the beach house
5. Thousands of fireflies illuminating the firefly tree on a moonless night, just like a Chistmas tree with flickering miniature lights
6. Monitor Lizard ( bayawak) looking for chicken or duck eggs. He looks scary, but actually harmless,unlike the Komodo dragons of Indonesia
7. A native hawk (lawin) diving from the sky for young chicks. This lawin is on a cage to do no harm to your chickens for the moment
8. Coconut rats feasting on young coconuts ( one coconut almost hit me on the head). Watch out for your head, specially on a windy day
9. Blue starfish and corals seen only a few meters from my back yard
10. Bougainvillas and orchids blooming in my front yard
11. A sunset that takes your breathe away ( notice the two swimmers also enjoying the sunset)
12. A papaya tree with ripe fruits ( not yet seen by the fruit bats)
13. Mangoes loaded with fruits almost touching the ground because of its weight
14. Bananas and avocado trees loaded with fruits( no picture of avocados)
15. The scream of an alley cat on “Heat” at midnight ( photo taken from the web), and last, but not least
16. The crowing of the rooster at 4:00AM everyday morning before dawn, a reliable alarm clock if you want to wake up that early
There are few things unique and different here in Boac, but it is just too long to list it. Good day to ALL!