Planning to Retire Soon!

If you are planning to retire in the Philippines soon, I suggest you visit several excellent websites on pro's and cons of retiring in the Philippines. However if you want to retire in the provinces, where life is simple, standard of living cheaper, less traffic congestion and pollution, availability of fresh seafood and vegetables compared to the big cities, my island province is the place for you! If this is your first time in my site, welcome. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights. The photo above is the front yard of Chateau Du Mer- Our Retirement Home in Boac, Marinduque, Philippines

Thursday, October 23, 2014

My Recurrent Dream and Its Meaning

photo from briancollins.ca

Several years ago, I remember the following recurrent dream. The dream was so vivid and clear. I would have the same dream once every week so I was inspired to do some internet search of its meaning. But before I gave you my interpretation, here's my dream as I remembered it.

I was a teenager then and we lived in a farm house at the outskirts of my hometown in a 3rd class municipality in Barotac Viejo, Iloilo, Philippines ( the place where I grow up and went to high school). The farm house is a two-story house with a basement, 6 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms,and a banquet room (formal dining room). The decor were all antiques that my grandparents (my grandfather was a Spanish soldier and my grandmother was a Filipina) had collected during the Spanish colonization of the Philippines. There was a grand piano in the living room with huge crystal chandelier that was imported from Spain. There is an underground passage in the basement that leads to the storage and Tool House. The house had a 10 acres of land with several outbuildings and a conference hall at the back, where my family held gatherings and parties for the community.

One day, we had a party for the community and my parents had invited about 300 guests. The farm house has a formal dining room that could accommodate around 20 guests in a sit down dinner, but since the number of guests will not fit inside the house, the party was held in the conference hall at the back of the property. I was in the main house sleeping during this party and was awakened when one of the guest informed us that the conference hall was burning and told us to call the fire department. The fire department was late and we lost the whole conference Hall to the fire. Luckily all the guests were able to escape..

That's it, and I woke up angry that the hall was destroyed. (nothing sexy in this dream, although I have dreamed of many sexy things in the past). But my recurrent dream of this farm house that my parents and grandparents had resided and where I grew up always give me the chill. This dream is always clear and vivid in my mind. Sometimes it bothers me so I kept asking myself of the meaning of this dream.

Interprete your own Dreams

Seven Common Dreams Theme

The following seven items appears to be the most common dreams theme.( see also video above)
1. Being chased– it may be interpreted as running away from problems. Interpretations would depend on who is chasing the dreamer which could give an idea of what the problem is.
2. Being naked as a jay bird– it apparently means you are trying to hide something; being naked without anyone noticing could signify that one is comfortable with himself.
3. Jumping or Falling from a building – it is interpreted that the dreamer has insecurities and anxieties. A dream where you are falling could mean that something is out of control in your life and you can’t stop it.
4. Flying or Parachuting– it could mean losing control or facing challenges you don’t feel you’re ready for.
5. Going to the Dentist and Teeth being pulled– It could mean that you feel your power being lessened or that you are not speaking your mind. It can also be related to one’s insecurities about his physical appearance and appeal to others.
6. Taking an examination or other tests – Taking an examination, not remembering that you have an exam, not being able to find your room for an exam, or a pen not working during an exam are interpreted as you feeling like you are being scrutinized for something.
7. Running – it may be a symbolism for having too much on your plate or that you’re trying to do a lot at the same time and can’t get ahead of anything.
Most of these dreams are related to the stress you are experiencing in your daily living and routine.

The following is an excerpt from the website, meaning of dreams.org in how to understand our dreams.

"Dreaming and sleeping are not mutually exclusive, so to embark on the journey of understanding why you dream and dream interpretation you must also explore the science or phenomena of sleep.
Everyone needs sleep and dreams, even if they're not always remembered, to function properly and successfully carry out daily tasks. When we do not sleep properly we become physically rundown and mentally incapable of coping with situations and problems favorably, lacking the means to flourish as a Human Being. If you go without sleep, depriving yourself of dreams, it soon becomes apparent that sleeping and dreaming are an essential part of being human.
It is widely believed that dreams are the mind's way of sorting through our waking thoughts, dealing with some of the harder to face issues in an abstract way that is less stressful and time-consuming than facing them while we are awake. After all, we would never get anything done if we spent all day worrying about our thoughts, relationships and childhood traumas. With this in mind, it is easy to see why we can breakdown mentally and physically without sleeping and dreaming",

Most common dreams and its meaning

My Own Interpretation of My Recurrent Dream

Using the three steps of interpreting my own dream as outlined in the video above, Here's my interpretation of my recurrent dream.

The old and big farm house of my dreams filled with antique furniture including a crystal chandelier in a big lot represent my dreams of building our own retirement home in the Philippines. The big party that was hosted by may late parents, represents all the wedding receptions and parties at our Conference Hall built after the construction of the main house. Lastly, my dream of the burning building represent my fear of losing money in the small beach resort that we own in the compound of the Chateau Du Mer Resort in Boac, Marinduque, Philippines.
I feel good analyzing my dream and its interpretation, thus for the last past ten years this recurrent dream had not happened.

How about you? Do you remember your dreams? Do you have recurring dreams? Could recurring dreams be linked to past lives?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...