Planning to Retire Soon!

If you are planning to retire in the Philippines soon, I suggest you visit several excellent websites on pro's and cons of retiring in the Philippines. However if you want to retire in the provinces, where life is simple, standard of living cheaper, less traffic congestion and pollution, availability of fresh seafood and vegetables compared to the big cities, my island province is the place for you! If this is your first time in my site, welcome. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights. The photo above is the front yard of Chateau Du Mer- Our Retirement Home in Boac, Marinduque, Philippines

Friday, October 28, 2016

The Sisters of the Cenacle in Asia and Donald Trump

Cenacle Sisters of the Philippines and Singapore( in Asia). My sister-in-law is in the middle row second from the left.

The other day my Italian-American neighbor who is a very devout and practicing catholic asked me what I knew about the Order of the Cenacle when she found out that I have a sister-in-law who is a Cenacle nun in the Philippines. So I did some Internet search and one of the many things I learned is that the word Cenacle meant the Upper Room.

I also learned that the founder Saint Therese Couderc was known for her humility. This word reminds me of Donald Trump, this year Republican Nominee for US President. Trump is a living example of the opposite meaning of the word humbleness and humility! Heavens forbid if he gets elected! To insure he does not get elected do not forget to vote for Hillary!


Now here's a short information from Wikipedia about the Sisters of the Cenacle.

The Sisters of the Cenacle (full title: Congregation of Our Lady of the Retreat in the Cenacle) is a Roman Catholic Congregation founded in 1826 in the village of Lalouvesc (Ardèche), France. The founders were Saint Thérèse Couderc and diocesan priest Jean-Pierre Etienne Terme. Today this congregation has branches in sixteen countries in the world.

The mission of the Cenacle is threefold: Prayer, Community and Ministry

The first video describes the inspiration and origin of this order of Nuns that I am very proud of. The second video are members of the Cenacle and Male Friends singing What a Wonderful World!




Celebrating 50 years of the Cenacle in the Philippines.

For details about the 2 singing nuns read:
http://lifestyle.inquirer.net/206601/these-nuns-can-sing-and-music-is-their-prayer/

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...