Planning to Retire Soon!

If you are planning to retire in the Philippines soon, I suggest you visit several excellent websites on pro's and cons of retiring in the Philippines. However if you want to retire in the provinces, where life is simple, standard of living cheaper, less traffic congestion and pollution, availability of fresh seafood and vegetables compared to the big cities, my island province is the place for you! If this is your first time in my site, welcome. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights. The photo above is the front yard of Chateau Du Mer- Our Retirement Home in Boac, Marinduque, Philippines

Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Seventeen Things Easy Things to Do When You are Feeling Lonely


Today, the pangs of loneliness attack me. For the last week, I did not have company except for my 2 babies ( Batman & Robin) because my Part time Caretaker ( Cook) had been sick.  Normally when I feel alone, I would call on my two neighbors, just to say Hello.  Or I just walk and enjoy my garden. Lately the presence of my 2 pets really helps me of coping up with living alone in this huge house( 4BR and 2.5BR) with over 2000 sq ft of living space and 3 Wide Screen TV's. Watching Netflix or Prime Video also helps, but today none of the above seems to appease my feeling of being lonely. So, to cope up with this feeling of being alone, I did some Internet Search. I found the following article informative and some of the things listed I have already done or are doing. However, for those millions of us who suffers the pangs of Loneliness every now and then, I suggest you read the following article listed on the bottom of this page. Meanwhile here are some highlights:        

"What is loneliness, exactly? Simply put, "it's the discrepancy between what you have and what you want from your relationships," says Stephanie Cacioppo, PhD, an assistant professor of psychiatry and behavioral neuroscience at the University of Chicago, who specializes in the study of loneliness and social cognition.

It’s not necessarily about being physically surrounded by people—because you might feel especially lonely in a crowd—but about your mentality. When you feel lonely, it’s usually because you aren’t quite satisfied with what you have, whether it’s in that moment or throughout your life, Cacioppo explains. And until you're able to pinpoint and then address what you're dissatisfied with, you'll feel isolated, left out, and in need of companionship.

The upside: Feeling lonely isn't necessarily a bad thing, Cacioppo notes. It's a reminder that something's off about your social environment and that you need to prioritize your happiness.

Chances are, though, you're not too grateful for loneliness while you're experiencing it. In fact, the feeling makes you more likely to interpret reality negatively, which can bring on a ton of self-loathing and self-criticism, she says. The key to turning your mood around? Adjusting your social lens to one that’s more positive". Here are the 17 easy things to do when you feel lonely:

 https://psychiatry.uchicago.edu/news/17-easy-things-do-when-youre-feeling-lonely 

Note: After writing this article, My feeling of loneliness disappear and I am ready to face another 3-digit hot day here in Northern California. Let me know what things do you do to ease your feeling of loneliness once in a while.  

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...