Planning to Retire Soon!

If you are planning to retire in the Philippines soon, I suggest you visit several excellent websites on pro's and cons of retiring in the Philippines. However if you want to retire in the provinces, where life is simple, standard of living cheaper, less traffic congestion and pollution, availability of fresh seafood and vegetables compared to the big cities, my island province is the place for you! If this is your first time in my site, welcome. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights. The photo above is the front yard of Chateau Du Mer- Our Retirement Home in Boac, Marinduque, Philippines

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Who Says Marinduque Has No Night Life?

View of Balanacan Cove from the Resort-Photo taken March, 2011
With the exception of Holy Week and during the Moriones Festival, downtown Boac is a ghost town by 9PM. All the stores, restaurants and computer cafes are closed. I also observed this is true for downtown Gasan and Mogpog. I have no idea about downtown Santa Cruz, Torrijos or Buenavista.

But Balanacan Cove in Mogpog has night life on Wednesday and Friday nights from 8 to 11PM. The resort Palm by the Beach ( Balanacan Cove Convention Center) has a live band for dancing. The resort is located 1Km east of Balanacan Port on a top of the hill with a mesmerizing view of Balanacan Bay. The resort is owned by Frank and Flor Irlandez formerly from Batangas. Frank and I were dorm mates during my graduate school days in the late 1950's for one semester. Flor (formerly Bautista) was also my classmate in Chemistry in UP in the early 1950's. She was one year ahead.

The Irlandez are also snowbirds like us. During the winter months they are here in Marinduque or Batangas. On the spring and summer months they reside in the US like us.

If you have not visited the resort, you are missing one of the most beautiful views in Marinduque. The view from the resort reminds me of the View of Taal Volcano and Lake from the Tagaytay Ridge. The resort is open now but construction is underway for the marina and other buildings. I hope The resort will be patronize by all Marinduquenos and hope for its success. Good day to All!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...