Gorgeous Sunset from the Balcony of the Chateau Du Mer Beach House, Amoingon, Boac
If you have been reading my blogs and my Facebook status updates, you probably know that my wife and I spend our winter time in Marinduque where we have a small beach resort and a retirement home. A lot of our friends here in the US often asked us, which place do we like best, Northern California or Marinduque. Our answer is a definite both Places. But sometimes, I personally do not want to spend time in Marinduque for the following reasons;
1. The Medical facilities, Hospital, Diagnostic Clinics are not to US Standards
2. The frequent brownouts, the littering of the beaches, and poor garbage collections system
3. The noise of barking dogs, loud karoake music in the middle of the night, the constant honking of the jeepneys
4. The hot and humid weather by around March, April and May
5. Transportation services-land, sea and air services to the island could use a major improvement
But there are several things, why my wife and I love Marinduque
1. The gorgeous sunsets, gentle sea breezes and cool temperature during the months of December , January and February
2. The orchids, bougainvillas, hibiscus, euporbias, and other blooming shrubs and fruit trees in my garden
3. The Filipino dishes-such as the kari-kari, grilled sword fish, coconut lobster and fresh mangoes and other fruits
4. The slower tempo of life, the air-conditioned Internet Cafes, traffic-less roads on weekends, blue skies and clear-blue water of the nearby beaches
5. The Antiques homes, Old Churches, white beaches, waterfalls, fringing reefs and breath taking views in some parts of the Islands
There are other things that my wife and I like and love about Marinduque, but the above five are the ones that we will always remember and treasure in our hearts.
How about you? If you are from Marinduque, what are the things that you hate and love about our Island Province. I will be glad to hear from you.
Planning to Retire Soon!
If you are planning to retire in the Philippines soon, I suggest you visit several excellent websites on pro's and cons of retiring in the Philippines. However if you want to retire in the provinces, where life is simple, standard of living cheaper, less traffic congestion and pollution, availability of fresh seafood and vegetables compared to the big cities, my island province is the place for you! If this is your first time in my site, welcome. Please do not forget to read the latest national and international news in the right side bar of this blog. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights. The photo above is the front yard of Chateau Du Mer-Our Retirement Home in Boac, Marinduque, Philippines