Planning to Retire Soon!

If you are planning to retire in the Philippines soon, I suggest you visit several excellent websites on pro's and cons of retiring in the Philippines. However if you want to retire in the provinces, where life is simple, standard of living cheaper, less traffic congestion and pollution, availability of fresh seafood and vegetables compared to the big cities, my island province is the place for you! If this is your first time in my site, welcome. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights. The photo above is the front yard of Chateau Du Mer- Our Retirement Home in Boac, Marinduque, Philippines

Friday, May 16, 2014

It's Summertime Here in Northern California


Summer has started this week in Northern California. Yesterday's high was in the mid 90's. Today it is also around 95 F and my central air con unit has started to hum vigorously. This reminded me of last week heat and humidity in Metro Manila. However, because of the low humidity here in the Sacramento area, mid 90's is not as uncomfortable if you stay in the shade. Mid 90's in the Philippines with the high humidity feels like you are in the "Gates of Hell". Mid 90's here in Sacramento is not as bad if you compare it to the mid 90's in Marinduque, Philippines.

The weather experts predicted last week that today should have been a 3-digit temperature day, but so far it is only in the mid-90's which is good for my energy and air conditioning consumption bills. The last couple of days, my son has been cleaning, vacuuming and adding chlorine and algicide to the pool. The water looks as inviting as seen in the photo above.

Going back to my previous experiences of spending summer in the Philippines ( month of April and May specifically): I often wondered how was I able to tolerate such unpleasant climate for 24 years of my life. That whole 24 years of my life I called the Philippines home. However, the next 55 years I am calling the United States home. But as the saying goes Home is not a place but in the Heart. Today my wife and I call Marinduque, HOME for only about 3 months and the US home for the rest of the year.

We spent our Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year, Valentines Day and Mothers Day here in the US last year and this year. It was only the Holy Week and Easter Holidays this year that we were in Marinduque. But we love the Philippines and US equally. It is only during the summer season in the Philippines when the heat and humidity makes me swear not to set put on Philippines soil ever again.

I have two favorite photos that I took here in US celebrating Valentine's and Mother's Day as follows:

Miniature Orchid -Mother's day gift of Ditas and Carenna

My 2014 Valentine Gift to Macrine

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...