Planning to Retire Soon!

If you are planning to retire in the Philippines soon, I suggest you visit several excellent websites on pro's and cons of retiring in the Philippines. However if you want to retire in the provinces, where life is simple, standard of living cheaper, less traffic congestion and pollution, availability of fresh seafood and vegetables compared to the big cities, my island province is the place for you! If this is your first time in my site, welcome. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights. The photo above is the front yard of Chateau Du Mer- Our Retirement Home in Boac, Marinduque, Philippines

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Tour of the Institute of Chemistry, UP, Diliman, May 7, 2014


Last May 7, Renan del Rosario, 1977 chemistry graduate and currently one of the advisers of the University of the Philippines Chemistry Alumni, Inc treated me with a personal tour of the new Institute of Chemistry Teaching Building at the UP Diliman National Science Complex. It was one of the highlights of my 90-day snowbirding sojourn in the Philippines this year. I was able to take photographs of the Donor Wall which included my name.(see photo above) The Donor Wall is right at the entrance of the building just by the side of the guard podium. The following are some of the photos I took that day. The day reminded me of my student and teaching days (1952 to 1959) at the College of Chemistry now known as the Institute of Chemistry. I was only 24 years old when I first taught chemistry to pre-med, nursing, and engineering students in 1958.
Outside the Teaching Building
At the Entrabce
Renan del Rosario in front of the Spirit of 77 laboratory room



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...