Planning to Retire Soon!

If you are planning to retire in the Philippines soon, I suggest you visit several excellent websites on pro's and cons of retiring in the Philippines. However if you want to retire in the provinces, where life is simple, standard of living cheaper, less traffic congestion and pollution, availability of fresh seafood and vegetables compared to the big cities, my island province is the place for you! If this is your first time in my site, welcome. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights. The photo above is the front yard of Chateau Du Mer- Our Retirement Home in Boac, Marinduque, Philippines

Tuesday, December 12, 2017

The Healing Power of Music for Our Mental Health


The power of music for our mental health and for uplifting our spirits( souls) are well documented(A). For example when my wife (Macrine) and I feel depressed or lonely we play our favorite songs. In the case of my wife, she would play her favorite Julio Iglesias Sr songs.

(https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/latin-notas/5719517/julio-iglesias-turns-70-celebrate-with-some-of-his-best-loved)

In my case I listened to my favorite piano or violin concertos(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXYtJB7Qslk).

Our favorite music are either vocal, instrumental or choral music.

Just recently Macrine first cousin in the Philippines ( Rene Nieva) tagged me in Facebook with his piano playing of Some Enchanting Evening from South Pacific. He wrote that this piece has lifted Macrine's feeling of being lonely because of her Parkinson Disease.


Here's a short reprint from Rene Nieva FB page.

"I recall one time when we -- Yong, Oskie, Genny and I -- visited Manong Dave and Manang Macrine in their beautiful Chateau du Mer Resort in Marinduque some years back. Manang Macrine was not feeling well at the time and was quiet at first. But when we serenaded her with "Some Enchanted Evening", which happened to be a favorite of hers, she perked up and ended up singing along with us. We were so happy to hear her doing so that we were on the verge of tears. Such was the power of music to drive suffering and loneliness away, and would always be so ".
(A) https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/brick-brick/201402/does-music-have-healing-powers

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...