Planning to Retire Soon!

If you are planning to retire in the Philippines soon, I suggest you visit several excellent websites on pro's and cons of retiring in the Philippines. However if you want to retire in the provinces, where life is simple, standard of living cheaper, less traffic congestion and pollution, availability of fresh seafood and vegetables compared to the big cities, my island province is the place for you! If this is your first time in my site, welcome. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights. The photo above is the front yard of Chateau Du Mer- Our Retirement Home in Boac, Marinduque, Philippines

Monday, April 30, 2018

Differences and Similarities of Alzheimer's and Parkinson's Diseases


The other day after watching the Alzheimer's Disease (AD) segment in the 60 Minutes TV show reminded me that I am lucky that my wife has only Parkinson Disease(PD) and not Alzheimer's Disease (PD). I wish though that my wife's PD will disappear but as of today there is no cure for both PD and/or AD.

For those of you who have no relatives or loved ones suffering from either PD or AD, I call you the Chosen and Lucky Ones. You will only fully understand the previous sentence unless you have experienced being a Primary Care Giver to a Loved One suffering from a neurological disorder such as PD or AD.

Do you know the Differences and Similarities between PD and AD? Here's are two references for your information and reading pleasure.

1. https://journeywithparkinsons.com/2015/06/10/a-comparison-of-parkinsons-to-alzheimers/

2. https://www.brightfocus.org/alzheimers/article/alzheimers-and-parkinsons-disease-similarities-and-differences

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...