Planning to Retire Soon!

If you are planning to retire in the Philippines soon, I suggest you visit several excellent websites on pro's and cons of retiring in the Philippines. However if you want to retire in the provinces, where life is simple, standard of living cheaper, less traffic congestion and pollution, availability of fresh seafood and vegetables compared to the big cities, my island province is the place for you! If this is your first time in my site, welcome. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights. The photo above is the front yard of Chateau Du Mer- Our Retirement Home in Boac, Marinduque, Philippines

Sunday, April 1, 2018

Easter Sunday and the Holy Week Celebration in Marinduque


This year Macrine and I were not able to spend Holy Week in our second home-the Island of Marinduque. However every Holy Week reminds us that the Philippines is indeed a nation of Festivals. One of the highlights of the Easter Celebration in Marinduque is the Gasan-Gasan Street dancing Competition.



Attached is my hub written a few years ago, but still very applicable today.

https://hubpages.com/travel/the-philippines-nation-of-fiestas-and-festivals

Personal Note: Macrine and I just finished watching the Papal Easter Mass and Benediction live from the Vatican-St Peter's Square . It was a memorable TV experience and it reminded us of our 7 days vacation in Rome, Italy a few decades ago.

Again, Easter Greetings to all my readers, friends and relatives all over the world.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...