Planning to Retire Soon!

If you are planning to retire in the Philippines soon, I suggest you visit several excellent websites on pro's and cons of retiring in the Philippines. However if you want to retire in the provinces, where life is simple, standard of living cheaper, less traffic congestion and pollution, availability of fresh seafood and vegetables compared to the big cities, my island province is the place for you! If this is your first time in my site, welcome. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights. The photo above is the front yard of Chateau Du Mer- Our Retirement Home in Boac, Marinduque, Philippines

Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Delighted to be Involved in the Greeter's Program

I was told the other day, I will be a Greeter for a new resident moving to the Fairmount Building tomorrow, December 27th.  I was told the new resident appears to have similar background as myself.  He will be moving on the second Floor (F 202) of the Fairmount Building ( see letter of assignment below). I am looking forward to be his Greeter. I hope Jay Pollack plays bridge and if indeed we have common interests etc....

My official letter for my First Greeter Assignment- For Jay Pollack( Retired Lawyer and Judge)

As a Greeter, my responsibility is to be around if the new resident needs help moving around the THD compound specially in the Garage in the first few days of his residency. Moreover, I will be his Meal Companion for the first time in Newton's and introduced him to other residents. I remember, how I feel intimated dining at Newton's for the first time and not knowing anybody. But the old residents were very friendly to me and I really appreciate it.  It took me a few days to feel at home here at THD. THANKS for the Greeters Program.

THD management has organized a Greeters Program with volunteers from older Residents. Its primary function is to greet and welcome new residents. Indeed this is a very important program for the first 2-3 days for new residents. My first 2-3 days here at THD was a nightmare of getting lost in the Garage and not knowing where to go from my building to the Lobby and Restaurant. Thanks to my Greeter, Marsha Kefer, I was only lost one time in the Garage, going to the Liberty Building instead to Fairmount from Newton's. I later learned there are several ways from Fairmount to Newtons, besides the Garage Way!    

I volunteered to be a Greeter for the Fairmount Building. I was told there are Greeters from each Building. THD management usually assigned a Greeter with similar interest/background to the new resident and preferably both resides in the same building. 

This Greeter Program is a Prelude to the Official Party welcoming New Residents where the Names of THD management and List of employees are given to the new Residents. The Orientation Program for New Residents is very shallow and the new residents are not given a brief summary of the educational background of the Management Staff.   New residents have no idea which of the THD management personnel have empathy to their needs and who can personally help them in the improvement of their quality of life here at THD.  

Meanwhile here's a list of THD Staff as of 12/12/23

I hope you did not forget our eight Servers and my your Housekeeping Lady(ladies) this Christmas Season.  Our servers are outstanding, very patient and have empathy with our needs for a good meal. 

In my recent blog I listed my suggestion for the improvement of the Quality of Life and Well-being of its Residents. Permit me to reiterate this suggestion once more as follows:

1. Top Priority: THD should provide Emergency Generator for the Fairmount and Liberty Buildings. During the last 6 months of my residency at the Fairmount Tower,  the two buildings have been affected by 3 electrical brownouts for more than 2 hrs. Luckily the Plaza and Heritage Buildings were not affected by these 3 outages and the residents had a place to go during these brown outs. The most irritating brown out occurred last Sunday afternoon ( 12/17) during the 49er's vs Arizona NFL Game.  Unexpected Brown Outs could be a Danger to the Lives of Residents here at both the Fairmount and Liberty Buildings.  

2. I hope the Dining Menu will include an International Dish once a month beginning next year. 

3. THD Monthly Newsletter ( The Herald) be Activated and Residents Encourage to Participate. This will improve communications between residents and THD employees,

4. Residents and Staff -Get To Know-Orientation Party for New Residents Expanded-Introduced THD management not only their names/titles but a little bit of background of their Education and their Ability for Empathy to the Needs of Senior Citizens.   

5. Short Biographies of THD management be made apparent to All Residents- This will assure that Residents will feel Management Staff have empathy for their needs and well being. 

Personal Note:  I talked to our Head Chef, Agustin Gutierrez the other day about my wish for my favorite Mexican dish- Chili Relleno. Agustin told me he has planned in cooking Chili Relleno Casserole in the near future. Thank You, Agustin ! 

  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...