Planning to Retire Soon!

If you are planning to retire in the Philippines soon, I suggest you visit several excellent websites on pro's and cons of retiring in the Philippines. However if you want to retire in the provinces, where life is simple, standard of living cheaper, less traffic congestion and pollution, availability of fresh seafood and vegetables compared to the big cities, my island province is the place for you! If this is your first time in my site, welcome. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights. The photo above is the front yard of Chateau Du Mer- Our Retirement Home in Boac, Marinduque, Philippines

Sunday, December 31, 2023

Old and Living Alone, But Happy! New Year's Eve Dinner Photos


Our New Year's Eve Dinner Table with me were Cassette Mitchell, Mary Reiser and Jane Williams enjoying our Maine Lobster Tail Dinner 

Photo Credit: Forbes

A friend send me recently an article published in Japan titled Old and Alone But Yes,You Can be Happy.  

https://japantoday.com/category/features/kuchikomi/old-and-living-alone-yes-you-can-be-happy

The article touched my heart and mind being in that living environment for the last three years.  Allow me to print a few sentences and comments from readers of the article: 

"Carefree youth is a canard. Young, you’ve a whole future to worry about. Old, you’re past that. Close your eyes, take a deep breath. Freedom!"

"Conditionally of course – on health, financial security, the wisdom to know age’s potential and how to tap it – and, suggests Josei Jishin (Dec 26), solitude.

“I’ve lived alone for 26 years,” says actress-singer Rumiko Koyanagi. “The time you’re alone with yourself – how can you not enjoy it?”

"It’s not for everyone, one might say in reply – but does it matter, if it’s for you? If you’re lonely, seek company; if not, you’re your own best company."

Anyway, Currently if you have been following my blogs, I live alone and just turned to my Actinium Years ( 89), but I am happy and do not feel isolated.

I participate in almost all of the activities here at THD. I play contract (party) bridge 3 times a week, Hongkong/Philippine mahjong once a week.    I try to participate in the Exercises and Zumba activities and attend all musical events, happy hours, trivia games, corn hole and ladder ball tournaments, but my most important activity is BLOGGING. 

I try to write daily, if not every other day. My writings keep me sharp mentally, makes me feel young and certainly not isolated.  I have received a few positive oral and written comments  from co-residents here at THD. Here are four I received just recently.    

1. Thanks for your blog. You are a major contributor to a creating a feeling of community here within THD-DE

2. Wishing you a very Happy 89th birthday -you bring so much spirit to the Heritage-SG.  

3. Thank you for being who you are. You are indeed the spirit of frienship and love between humans, about which I referred in my service / lecture / concert. This season with all its lights- we pray, will eradicate the Hate and Bigotry which have existed for too long.- RB

4. David, you are a model ambassador for THD-JW

So, if you feel lonely and isolated don't blame any one. Blame Yourself. There are a lot of activities for socialization here at THD. There are musical events, exercises programs, social games and of course Meal Times is a good time if you feel like socializing.  Practice the 3P's for Aging: Be Positive, Be Patient and Be Passionate in your all your activities and you will live longer!  

So I hope you are happy in the last stages of your Life. Be Positive and Socialize whenever You Can! 

Santa ( Eric) and Me- The Heritage Downtown 💥Lobby- December 20, 2023 ( My 89th BD)- Photo Credit: Jenny Shively 



Lastly, I just remember a comment about me being spunky from one of the THD employees. I was not sure what spunky meant so I googled it:

Animated, bubbly, energetic, lively, peppy, spirited. Thank You, TN for your compliments.  

Maligayang Bagong Taon Sa Inyong Labat! Happy New Year to All!

 Good Bye 2023, Welcome 2024!!
Here are some photos I took at our New Year's Eve Dinner.
My Maine Lobster Tail Dinner














No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...