Planning to Retire Soon!

If you are planning to retire in the Philippines soon, I suggest you visit several excellent websites on pro's and cons of retiring in the Philippines. However if you want to retire in the provinces, where life is simple, standard of living cheaper, less traffic congestion and pollution, availability of fresh seafood and vegetables compared to the big cities, my island province is the place for you! If this is your first time in my site, welcome. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights. The photo above is the front yard of Chateau Du Mer- Our Retirement Home in Boac, Marinduque, Philippines

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Time for Music Appreciation: The Secret Garden


Today, I am taking time out from my usual topic (about Marinduque) and will talk about music appreciation. Have you taken a music appreciation class? I did a few decades ago during my graduate school days in Chicago, Illinois as one of my non-science electives. It was a subject, that I enjoyed and treasured in my memories. The following two videos are two interpretation of one song. This music is so close to my heart especially when I feel sad and nostalgic.

How can a thing be so beautiful yet depressing to listen? If you have not heard of the Secret Garden( the book, the movie, the animated film etc..), I hope the following two videos will arouse your interest. Enjoy!

This second video is by Ben Chan on his 26th Birthday (08-08-08-what a lucky violinist).


I hope you enjoy the above two videos. Greetings from the GrandPa Blogger!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...