Planning to Retire Soon!

If you are planning to retire in the Philippines soon, I suggest you visit several excellent websites on pro's and cons of retiring in the Philippines. However if you want to retire in the provinces, where life is simple, standard of living cheaper, less traffic congestion and pollution, availability of fresh seafood and vegetables compared to the big cities, my island province is the place for you! If this is your first time in my site, welcome. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights. The photo above is the front yard of Chateau Du Mer- Our Retirement Home in Boac, Marinduque, Philippines

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Diabetes, High Blood Pressure and High Cholesterol


Coconut lobster, Cucumber and Tomatoes are Good For You-Photo taken at Chateau Du Mer, Boac, Marinduque, Philippines

Diabetes, high blood pressure(HBP) and high cholesterol are the most common age-related diseases all over the world particularly in the US. A person who is now 70 years old and is not suffering from one of the above ailments should feel lucky. He or she must have lived a healthy lifestyle including good diet, exercise and a positive outlook in life.

In my case, I was diagnosed with HBP when I turned 40. My adult-on-set Diabetes and High Cholesterol were diagnosed when I turned 65. I feel lucky that under routine medications, the above three ailments are currently under control. I will turn 80 the end of this year and so far I feel great and lucky, the three ailments above are under control. Thank you Lord!

The lessons I want to impart to the younger generation as well as senior citizens like me is to watch out your diet and keep busy in both mind and body. Sometimes, we are so busy with earning a living, we neglect our bodies and spirit. Even after your retirement, you must have goals that are attainable. You must maintain family relationships and get involved with humanitarian projects if at all possible. In this way, it will keep you young in spirit if not in body.

For a list of diabetic, anti hypertensive and cholesterol lowering drugs, read my articles in my blog http://marinduqueawaitsyou.blogspot.com dated August 20, 2010.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...