Planning to Retire Soon!

If you are planning to retire in the Philippines soon, I suggest you visit several excellent websites on pro's and cons of retiring in the Philippines. However if you want to retire in the provinces, where life is simple, standard of living cheaper, less traffic congestion and pollution, availability of fresh seafood and vegetables compared to the big cities, my island province is the place for you! If this is your first time in my site, welcome. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights. The photo above is the front yard of Chateau Du Mer- Our Retirement Home in Boac, Marinduque, Philippines

Saturday, March 12, 2016

Airplane Services for Marinduque Scheduled for March 23, 2016

Tour of the Bellarocca Resort, 2014

I just read in FB recently that PAL Express has scheduled plane services from Manila to Marinduque starting March 23, 2016 during the Holy Week season, just in time for the Moriones Festival. I hope these services will be permanent. It will be a boost to the province tourism business and may restore the Bellarocca Resort to its original grandeur. Below is an article I wrote last year on the status of Bellarocca Resort. If you have more current news on the airplane services for Marinduque. please let me know.



My post in one of my blogs on the recent news about air plane services from Manila to Marinduque and back received several comments from my readers and Facebook friends. One of the most interesting but sad comment was about the current status of the Bellarocca Resort and Spa in Buenavista. I am reposting this comment for your information.

"Hahaha!!. Are you serious about BellaRoca? I personally visited it in Feb. 2014, thanks to a guest pass from Gov. Carmencita Reyes and its NO RESORT by any stretch of the imagination nor standards. The place is completely rundown! The main "resort" swimming pool was disgusting and filthy; not a single guest would dare enter the pool and who could blame them and the suite pools were covered deep in algae. The place is in dire need of renovation and overhaul; potential visitors ought not be deceived. While Marinduque is a gem of an island to visit - it would be grand to fly in to an airport versus ferry in to the island. The ferry service leaves much to be desired. Dirty, gross and infested with vermin, cockroaches and "basura" (garbage). So indeed yes, it would be lovely to have an airport again, the island of hotels, resorts, restaurants, and tourist venues have their work cut out for them before GENUINE CHANGE takes place. You can pray all you want to your favorite and beloved patron saints but until the Marinduquenos affect change personally, its all just falling upon deaf ears".

Here's my response:

Hi Anonymous: I am saddened to hear of the current condition of Bellarocca as you described. When we stayed there a couple of years ago, it was at its best and our stay was memorable and magical. I hope with the opening of the airport more tourist will patronize the resort and restore the resort to its status as a five star resort in Marinduque. I do appreciate your comment.

Have you been to Bellarocca recently? Is the above true? Your comments will be appreciated!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...