Planning to Retire Soon!

If you are planning to retire in the Philippines soon, I suggest you visit several excellent websites on pro's and cons of retiring in the Philippines. However if you want to retire in the provinces, where life is simple, standard of living cheaper, less traffic congestion and pollution, availability of fresh seafood and vegetables compared to the big cities, my island province is the place for you! If this is your first time in my site, welcome. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights. The photo above is the front yard of Chateau Du Mer- Our Retirement Home in Boac, Marinduque, Philippines

Monday, April 24, 2023

A Welcome Visit from Yuka, Alex and Family

Alex Jr. with my newly Resurfaced and Tiled Swimming Pool as Background 
 

A visit from a relative is always welcome since I have been living alone( over a year now) except for my 2 cats. Yesterday, Yuka, Alex, Alex Jr and Elena visited me bringing with them Pinoy dishes from the Oriental Market in Roseville.

The two dishes ( Nilaga na Baka- Beef soup with Vegetables and Goat Calderetta) were delicious. However, the Calderetta* was out of this world. The meat was tender ( young/baby goat ribs and some fatty tissue) was super delicious. I planned on ordering this dish on line, but I found out that the Oriental Market is not on Doordash or Grubhub.

A few weeks ago was Elena One-year birthday. I gave her a Snoopy and a Baby Bear Music Boxes from Macrine's Music Boxes collection. It will be a souvenir from her Lola Macrine.   Here are some photos from their visit:




Young Alex is no longer scared of me. He gave me several hugs, but when I picked up Elena, she started crying. Alex Jr gave her the bottle to calm her down. I am looking forward to visit them in their big house in Roseville this weekend. 

*Here's a link and recipe for the Kambing Calderetta if you want to cook it yourself.


https://panlasangpinoy.com/stew-goat-meat-kalderetang-kambing-recipe/

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...