Planning to Retire Soon!

If you are planning to retire in the Philippines soon, I suggest you visit several excellent websites on pro's and cons of retiring in the Philippines. However if you want to retire in the provinces, where life is simple, standard of living cheaper, less traffic congestion and pollution, availability of fresh seafood and vegetables compared to the big cities, my island province is the place for you! If this is your first time in my site, welcome. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights. The photo above is the front yard of Chateau Du Mer- Our Retirement Home in Boac, Marinduque, Philippines

Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Danish Cocktail and Mocktail Party Last Saturday

In connection with Faroe Islands, Denmark April Month Travel Series here at THD, we had Danish Cocktail /Mocktail Party last Saturday at the Fireside Lounge at 4PM. 


Map of the Faroe Islands in Relation to its Mother Country, Denmark


The party was a well attended and hosted by Karen and Nancy. I had the Ginger-Vodka cocktail- the name I can not pronounce. It was ok, but I am not crazy about it. It tasted like a Moscow Mule Cocktail.

I took some photos during the party. Here it is for your viewing pleasure.
Jay Pollack enjoying his Mocktail
Hisako Tanaka and Yefim Revutsky. In the background is Birgit Dewhurts-former Denmark Resident 
The Danish Black Bread-Cheese-Cucumber Snacks- Really Good Prepared by Nancy
Thank You Karen and Nancy for a Fun Saturday Afternoon!  I had a Grand time!

Meanwhile Here's a Photo of Page 5 in our April Residents Phone Book that merit a few conversations at Meal Times and Sticking out for Attention! Did you see the Photo?  

Linda's photo give me an idea. Perhaps, THD could print a special issue of our phone book with pictures of residents during our younger years.  That phone book I am sure will be a BEST SELLER of the year.   This is a photo of my first year in the US.  Looking Young, Indeed!


Meanwhile, this posting reminds me also of the famous Shakespeare Quote, in Hamlet : 
Something is rotten in the state of Denmark. That one may smile and smile and be a villain. There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in our philosophy.
Something is rotten in the state of Denmark” is used to describe corruption or a situation in which something is wrong. When Marcellus states, 'Something is rotten in the state of Denmark' he is talking about Denmark's relationship with Norway but on the symbolic level he is summing up Claudius' corrupting effect on the kingdom which is intensified by his unpunished crime.

Have a Great Day, Every One! I hope you enjoyed

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...