Planning to Retire Soon!

If you are planning to retire in the Philippines soon, I suggest you visit several excellent websites on pro's and cons of retiring in the Philippines. However if you want to retire in the provinces, where life is simple, standard of living cheaper, less traffic congestion and pollution, availability of fresh seafood and vegetables compared to the big cities, my island province is the place for you! If this is your first time in my site, welcome. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights. The photo above is the front yard of Chateau Du Mer- Our Retirement Home in Boac, Marinduque, Philippines

Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Perfume Blending-THD Activity Close to My Heart

Last Saturday, Four THD Resident Ladies and Me, enjoyed a 30 minute perfume blending activity with the guide of our capable host, Gaylen Corson, THD Activity Director. I told Gaylen the activity is close to my heart since it is related to my Master's Degree Thesis from the University of Illinois, 1962. The subject is Yang-Ylang Oil one of the essential oils used in the Perfume Industry and is the main component of Channel #5 Perfume. 

https://youtu.be/s10WoEFRgos?si=DcYKoO_jTgUwR-ke

I took some pictures during this fun activity as follows:










Here are some famous quotes on Perfumes: Estée Lauder is often quoted with these lines about the invisible extra: “Perfume is like a new dress, it makes you quite simply marvellous.” Donna Karan: “Fragrance is the first layer of dressing, a woman's invisible body suit.” Elizabeth Taylor: “I never face the day without perfume.”



The above are two of my favorite quotes on Perfumes. And My Personal Perfume is Dolce Gabbana (For Men), the One.

Additional Information on the Yang-Ylang Tree: 




Here are the basics of Perfume Blending: 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...