Planning to Retire Soon!

If you are planning to retire in the Philippines soon, I suggest you visit several excellent websites on pro's and cons of retiring in the Philippines. However if you want to retire in the provinces, where life is simple, standard of living cheaper, less traffic congestion and pollution, availability of fresh seafood and vegetables compared to the big cities, my island province is the place for you! If this is your first time in my site, welcome. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights. The photo above is the front yard of Chateau Du Mer- Our Retirement Home in Boac, Marinduque, Philippines

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Avocado Shake and Madeleine Cookies for Merienda


Have you tried snacking (merienda) with Avocado shake and Madeleine Cookies? This combination is one of my favorite snack items. Madeleine french cake cookies are commercially available. The brand that I love is made by Sugar Bowl Bakery. The cookies reminds of the Pinoy mamon, The cookies advertised it as "every bite is just right" The cookies are also good with just a cup of hot tea or coffee.

However, combining it with homemade fresh avocado shake, makes me feel like royalty enjoying high tea at the most expensive hotel in England or for that matter at the Queen's Elizabeth Hotel in Victoria, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. I have my own recipe of Avocado Shake. The ingredients are as follows:

1 ripe large Avocado ( Hash variety preferred)
2 teaspoons white sugar( or 1/8 cup condense milk)
1/4 cup Half and Half ( or milk if less fat is desired)

Blend the mixture until all the avocados chunks are homogenous and creamy. Add water if you want the mixture not too creamy. Refrigerate for one hour and served cold. Blend the mixture with ice cubes if there is no time for refrigeration. Bon Apetite and Happy Merienda Time!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...